I bought my plane ticket to Spain, but who knows the many places I'll get to explore? Check back to see where Nora will Explora next...
Wednesday, September 8, 2010
Madrid
First adventure - Nora explora Madrid.
I'm currently sitting in an apartment, just outside Valencia, that I'm renting for the week with a few other Fulbright girls while we search for permanent housing - but more on that later :)
I arrived in Spain on Sunday morning after a (thankfully) uneventful trip and a few chance encounters with really nice and helpful Spaniards. We had three days of orientation from the Fulbright Commission, and I got to know some of the 90+ Fulbrighters. During our short time in Spain, I went to Puerta del Sol (the center of the city), several cute little cafes, and a salsa club. Most of the Fulbrighters are staying in Madrid, though a few of us left this afternoon for Valencia, Barcelona, and a few other cities. It was too short of a time in Madrid, but at least it's not too far for me to go visit again!
Even though traveling is exhausting, the most overwhelming feeling was my excitement to be back in Spain. When I left Spain after spending a summer in León five summers ago, I had no idea when I would be able to come back. It feels so wonderful to be in Spain. I can't wait to get to know Valencia. Items on my agenda for the next few days: find an apartment, set up a bank account, buy a metro/bus/train monthly pass, and figure out how to get to the school where I'm teaching. I'll keep you updated on my progress!
Missing you all~
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment